Package Insert for Prostaxen-60mg(Apalutamide)
Prostaxen-60mg(Apalutamide) is a strong androgen receptor antagonist. It binds specifically to the ligand-binding domain of AR. AR blocks its nuclear translocation and the binding to androgen response elements.
- Doctors and health care professionals have used prostaxen in clinical trials. They used it to treat conditions like prostate cancer, hepatic impairment, prostatic neoplasms, and castration-resistant prostate cancer.
- Prostaxen blocks the effect of androgens. Androgens promote tumor growth and prevents AR nuclear translocation, DNA binding. It also prevent transcription of AR gene targets in prostate tumors.
- In mice with human CRPC xenograft models, Prostaxen treatment resulted in tumor regressions in a dose-dependent manner. Prostaxen was more effective than Bicalutamide or Enzalutamide.
- Prostaxen also antagonized AR-mediated signaling in AR overexpressing human CRPC cell lines. It has shown good tolerability and safety profile in clinical studies. Which makes it a promising treatment for non-metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer. (1)
Prostaxen-60mg(Apalutamide) is also familier as Erleada. Doctors use it to treat patients with metastatic castration-sensitive prostate cancer (mCSPC) and (nmCRPC).
- It functions as an androgen receptor (AR) inhibitor by blocking the effects of testosterone on cancer cells. This helps to slow the growth and spread of prostate cancer.
- Typically, doctors use Prostaxen in combination with androgen deprivation therapy (ADT). ADT lowers testosterone levels in the body. This combination therapy is more effective than ADT alone in delaying prostate cancer progression.(2)
Mechanism of Action
Castration-resistant prostate cancer (CRPC) is a type of cancer that can cause by hormones. Even when the levels of testosterone is lower. This is often due to changes in the androgen receptor (AR) gene, which can cause the receptor to become more active.
- Prostaxen is a drug that works by blocking the effects of androgen receptor and preventing it from functioning properly.
- This reduces the amount of AR that is available to interact with androgen response elements.
- The drug also reduces the levels of AR. That are present in the nucleus of the cell, further impairing its ability to function.
- The main metabolite of Prostaxen, known as N-desmethyl Prostaxen, is less powerful. (3)
Dosage and Administration
- The recommended dosage of Prostaxen is 240 mg (four 60 mg tablets) administered orally once a day.
- Doctors suggest patients to swallow it with or without food.
- Patients should also receive a gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) analog concurrently or should have had a bilateral orchiectomy.
- If patient experience any toxicity or other serious side effects they have to hold it until improvement. After that they can resume at the same dose or a reduced dose (180 mg or 120 mg), if warranted. (4)
Prostaxen can cause several side effects. Some of which are more common than others. The most common side effects of Prostaxen include:
- Decreased appetite
- Weight decreased
Patients must inform their health care professional before taking apalutamide if they have any medical or surgical previous history.
Clinical Trials, Success Story, and Life Expectancy of Prostaxen-60mg(Apalutamide)
The SPARTAN, placebo-controlled trial, evaluated the efficacy and safety of apalutamide in patients with non-metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer (nmCRPC).
- The trial enrolled 1,772 patients randomly received either Prostaxen or a placebo. The primary endpoint was metastasis-free survival (MFS).
- The results showed that apalutamide significantly improved MFS compared to the placebo. Where median MFS of 40.9 months in the apalutamide group compared to 16.6 months in the placebo group.
- Apalutamide also significantly improved overall survival (OS) compared to the placebo. Where median OS of 69.2 months in the apalutamide group compared to 69.2 months in the placebo group.
- The TITAN placebo-controlled trial, found that apalutamide significantly improved radiographic progression-free survival (rPFS) compared to the placebo. Where median rPFS of 22.1 months in the apalutamide group compared to 16.6 months in the placebo group.
- The PROSPER placebo-controlled trial, found that apalutamide significantly improved OS compared to the placebo. Apalutamide has been a success story in prostate cancer treatment, showing significant improvements in MFS, rPFS, and OS.
- A 65-year-old man was diagnosed with nmCRPC in 2019. He took Apalutamide treatment for 3 years and had no progression of his disease. Also he has experienced minimal side effects. He can live a normal life and is grateful for the opportunity to have access to such an effective treatment.
Cost and Medication Access of Prostaxen-60mg(Apalutamide)
Anti-cancer medicines are very expensive. Almost 90% of cancer patients can not afford these medicines. Some of them get access to these medicines by their insurance but insurance cost is also high for these medicines.
That’s why patients do not get proper treatment. Meds for Cancer make these medicines affordable for those patients who cannot buy these expensive medicines.
We provide the best quality medicine at the best price in every corner of the world. To know the Price of this medicine get in touch with us. Contacting us is very easy you can use this number +8801304498958 to contact us through WhatsApp and WeChat.
See also Abiret 250mg, Olanib 50/150mg, Axinix-5mg, Elbonix-25mg
FAQs about Prostaxen-60mg(Apalutamide)
What is Apalutamide?
(Apalutamide) is a strong androgen receptor antagonist. It binds specifically to the ligand-binding domain of AR and blocks its nuclear translocation. It also binds to androgen response elements.
How does Apalutamide work?
Apalutamide is a drug that works by blocking the AR and preventing it from functioning properly. This reduces the amount of AR that is available to interact with androgen response elements. Which can slow down the growth of cancer cells.